Classic chimney damper
- Have your heater serviced at least once a year
- Always make sure your wood is completely dry.
- Don't use any green wood
- Stack your wood north/south when loading into firebox.
- For over night burning, load your box up heavy and open damper completely. Once the wood is well alight, adjust damper to a lower setting.
- Never burn any plastic or toxic materials. It is bad news for your door glass, your health and the environment.
- Check the top of your wood heater for rust marks. This will indicate if there are any water leaks from the roof.
- If your chimney is attracting bees over the summer months you may want to consider a chimney damper